[Talk-us] Trunk versus motorway

Bradley White theangrytomato at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 03:07:59 UTC 2018

> Can I get some voice of reason in
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/64919426?  There seems to be quite
> a few people (and one AARoads forum troll egging it on) that are trying to
> propel the idea that motorways have at-grade intersections, which is
> obviously incorrect.

I know I'm not going to change your mind, but I'd like to agree with
the other voices here that this scheme is overly pedantic without any
real justification for being so. No-one is saying that the motorway
has an at-grade intersection as you assert; the motorway simply
begins/ends *at* that intersection. Tagging freeway ending/beginnings
with this scheme is definitely not standard practice in the US, and I
don't see how changing this just to split hairs over freeway
definitions would benefit anyone.