[Talk-us] Spartanburg County SC road centerlines import

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Oct 22 12:46:59 UTC 2018

Mike N. wrote:
> This is a proposed import of road centerlines for Spartanburg County
> SC, based on county GIS data. This will include a systematic review of
> all roads in the county and qualify to remove tiger:reviewed tags.

Looks good!

Browsing through the code and the wiki page, you have:

>        else:
>            if hwy != '':
>                print ('Unknown highway type:  ', hwy)
>            tags['highway'] = 'residential'

and

> Add surface type as paved if it appears paved in imagery.

Could I suggest that you act cautiously wrt the tiger:reviewed tag in these
two cases?

If it's an "unknown highway type" it should probably remain as
tiger:reviewed=no. Likewise, if the surface isn't clear, then either
tiger:reviewed should continue to be =no, or there should be some other
tagging to indicate this (surface=unknown, or surface:reviewed=no, or
something).

cheers
Richard

--