[Talk-us] Spartanburg County SC road centerlines import

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Oct 22 13:49:56 UTC 2018

Mike N. wrote:
> As one who grew up in a rural area, a country road lined with 4
> houses in a mile would feel "residential" and I would tend to set
> it as residential in OSM.   That describes most of the rural parts
> of this county also, except for roads that don't happen to have
> a house.

Absolutely, not disputing that - it's simply that tiger:reviewed=no is a
good signifier that "the surface type on this road might not be what you'd
expect", and for developed countries that's traditionally a paved surface
for residential roads. As long as there's some way of discerning that, I'm
happy.

cheers
Richard

--