[Talk-us] State Open Data

Nathan Hartley treestryder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 21:21:54 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 11:22 AM, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us>
wrote:

> A few months back I made available Washington State Roads background layer
> available for use in JOSM and iD. (Shoutout to Mapbox for providing free
> hosting of this service.) I would like to add other states but need your
> help finding open data suitable for inclusion in OSM.

I have seen where many area specific Wiki pages will have a "potential
source of import data" section. Recently, I ran across a Wiki page that
attempted to catalog this type of information, for locations around the
world, in one place.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potential_Datasources

Here are two sites that I know about, which have also been added to the
Potential_Datasources page:

The State of Michigan
http://gis.midnr.opendata.arcgis.com/

North Country National Scenic Trail