[Talk-us] Address data for Miami Florida United States

Leif Rasmussen 354lbr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:04:14 UTC 2018

Update on the address data:
I tried transforming the small data file (550,000 addresses) to OSM format,
but my computer ran out of memory.  I will try using a more powerful
computer later.  The transformation worked perfectly on a smaller file of
8000 addresses in Miami Beach, however.  I uploaded that sample file
to a google
drive folder
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DJGNdONqdTXMlA0e550ghsmpotqc4QM4>.
Simply download the file and drag and drop it into JOSM to view that
addresses.  The address data source only had "addr:city" for some of the
addresses, so that tag will have to be added manually based on postcode
later.
Thanks,
Leif Rasmussen

Also, the addresses with numbered street names (4th Street) have not been
expanded (to eg. "Fourth Street").  The roads in OSM currently have the
numbered versions (4th Street), so I will just leave the addresses like
they are now.