[Talk-us] Alaska Highway AK-2 tagging

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Dec 17 00:45:11 UTC 2019

Please strongly consider splitting digests into constituent messages with
procmail or your MUA, or switch to the non-digest version to preserve
threading.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 6:35 PM Anthony Costanzo <acjames28 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> All of AK 2 between Fairbanks and the Canadian border is paved. I can
> vouch for this personally.

OK, so that's kinda putting more weight on the "primary" idea.  Is most of
it a single carriageway freeway or a dual carriageway expressway?  It's
been a long time since I've been there but i can't imagine it being more
than your typical middle-of-nowhere two-lane uncontrolled single
carriageway today.  If that's the case, I feel like primary is the highest
it should be, and we should be considering more whether or not such a road
rises to primary instead of secondary (the lowest it should be, given it's
part of the primary state highway network in Alaska).