[Talk-us] Alt_names on counties

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 03:21:00 UTC 2019

It's not necessary to add an alternative like "Josephine" if the name=
is already "Josephine County" because geocoding and search application
already know to search for part of a name.

For example this search already finds the "Josephine County"
administrative boundary as the first result:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=Josephine - and there is no
short alt_name or short_name.

So I think there is no reason to have this information duplicated if
we are just worried about search.

-Joseph Eisenberg