[Talk-us] Alt_names on counties

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sat Dec 28 03:24:18 UTC 2019

Right:  I've wondered if short_name would be appropriate in this case.  Our wiki says short_name would work, Joseph says "not," though I suppose it is ultimately up to the search machinery and what it does.  If, indeed, as Joseph says, it already does this (or "they" already do this), the need for our documented short_name value simply goes away.

SteveA