[Talk-us] Alt_names on counties

Tod Fitch tod at fitchfamily.org
Sat Dec 28 04:49:37 UTC 2019

Based on this discussion and my own checking to see what search engines are doing with the data, I think it would be okay to move the alt_name tag value to be a short_name value for the counties in California and Arizona where the current alt_name tag is the same string as the name but without a “ County” suffix. For example:

alt_name=“Los Angeles”
name=“Los Angeles County”

Changed to

name=“Los Angeles County”