[Talk-us] NC sidewalk data import

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:02:03 UTC 2019

The sidewalk style is somewhat controversial. For routing applications, it
is simpler if the sidewalk is added as a tag on the highway. This also
makes it easier to render clean-looking maps. However, some people prefer
to have the sidewalks separately mapped, so that they can be seen at high
zoom levels in rendered maps.

I would suggest checking the current method used in North Carolina,
especially in the cities or towns where you plan to add missing sidewalks.
It’s probably best to continue using the method that local mappers have
chosen. This may vary between different towns.

Thank you for helping make Openstreetmap even better!