[Openstreetmap] Processing satellite images with Genie/charcoal

Hugh Barnard hugh.barnard at hughbarnard.org
Sat Dec 4 14:59:50 GMT 2004

Hi folks

Well before I stop and put my Christmas lights up...I tried
http://www.isis.lanl.gov/green/doc/genie.html
on one of the Ikonos images (converted jpg to fits with Imagemagick). It
loads OK and allows me to designate features for training, but then it bombs
out, possibly because of some jpg->fits incomptability..
The last try did produce some (unsatisfactory!) results...I'll probably
carry on for a moment and talk to the genie guys about the errors that came
out..

As a crude experiment, I just decided to apply imagemagick -charcoal to one
of the sat images, here's
the result: http://mapping.bigwaveheuristics.com/images/ikonos/satc.jpg
maybe not useful, but fun, less messy than slicing up livestock too...

regards Hugh

http://hughbarnard.org