[Openstreetmap] Out-of-copyright London maps

Sat Dec 4 18:39:14 GMT 2004

On 4 Dec 2004, at 17:48, Jo Walsh wrote:

> admiring these, and definitely thinking about chopping the margins,
> georeferencing them and offering a collage/bricolage view of different
> era maps in mapserver...

Would be delighted to see that. Maybe I should scan in the whole 1933
set (32 double-page spreads) and put them on the CD-ROM as per...

> how is your New Popular Edition going? how much data you reckon there
> will be on the CDROM? super curious to see...

The scanning bureau say they've completed the scanning and are just
jiggling file formats to try and make it a bit less weighty. Hopefully
will have something back by the end of next week (so you can all have
one for Christmas (: ).

There should be around 140 maps on there: 115 of the New Popular
Edition 1in sheets (England and Wales), 18 quarter-inch maps covering
the whole of the UK, and a couple of odds and sods for the Channel
Isles and Isle of Man. All have National Grid lines apart from the
Northern Ireland map.

cheers
Richard