[Openstreetmap] bits

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Nov 10 23:46:39 GMT 2004

> http://www.dorkbot.org/dorkbotlondon/
>
> Jo Walsh and Schuyler Erle are talking about 'London Free Map' whatever
> that is (I'm trying to find out :-)
>
> time/date:  Wednesday 17th November, 7pm.
> location: Limehouse Town Hall

Could this be related to this comment found on
<URL:http://iconocla.st/>, the web site of Schuyler Erle:

  Somewhat more exciting is the Open Source mapping software that Rich
  Gibson and I have been working on, which plots street addresses to
  lat/long (a.k.a., geocoding), plots line-of-sight profiles between
  would-be wireless peers, and recommends possible wireless
  connections, complete with figures on clearance, distance, and true
  bearing. Our immediate plans involve building a web service to
  facilitate other people's use of the package. We will be presenting
  our work at O'Reilly's Emerging Technology Conference.

The mapping software is supposed to be available on
<URL:http://maps.nocat.net/>, but didn't work very well when I tested
it.

Or perhaps it is related to this comment found on
<URL:http://frot.org/>, the web site of Jo Walsh:

  indymapper is a DIY mapping analysis tool that i've been working on
  with Schuyler Erle.

Lot of interesting GPS/map work going on. :)