[Openstreetmap] Should we cooperate with FreeGIS?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Nov 11 10:11:07 GMT 2004

I just discovered <URL:http://freegis.org/>, while googling for map
information.  I suspect the openstreetpam project should register
there, and perhaps get in touch with Bruce Perens about his early
effort.  I found this on <URL:http://www.freegis.org/geo-data.en.html>:

  U.S. Street Map of Bruce Perens
  Homepage: ftp://ftp.perens.com/pub/US-map/index.html
  FreeGIS-summary on U.S. Street Map of Bruce Perens ; Last update:
  before 20th July 2001

    Bruce Perens maintains this free street map of which portions are
    based on the TIGER/Line(R) 1997 data. Please do not quickly
    download the data just for looking at them! You should carefully
    read about how Bruce proposes to approach this huge dataset.
    Version: 0.0.1
    License: GPL

That last URL is not working any more.