[Openstreetmap] london free maps...

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Nov 12 18:44:30 GMT 2004

[Matt Amos]
> determining how to convert raw GPS tracks into something more useful
> is something i've been giving a lot of thought to, recently.
> unfortunately, i haven't managed to think of anything beyond the
> obvious, so far. its a Difficult Problem ;-)

One idea I had from image processing is to use the Hough transform to
locate lines in the set of points.  A quick search on Google gave me
these references:

> i'm sure all of the people on this mailing list have a private stash
> of GPS tracks. we're just waiting for the project to come together
> so we can use them!

Yes.  :)

I do not have that much yet, because I do not want to collect lots of
points if the information collected is lacking accuracy info.

Converting my database to GPX should be fairly easy, so I'll try to
hack something together in the near future.  Is there a good reference
explaining GPX?  The doc available from
<URL:http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/> isn't too good.