[Openstreetmap] How do we handle large amount of GPS points?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Nov 22 21:14:14 GMT 2004

[Jo Walsh]
> last week you mentioned plans, to set up a WebDAV server that would
> allow people to share raw GP(S)X tracks as well as point
> collections.

[SteveC]
> Thats exactly what I've done, but with xmlrpc and not webdav.

How can I update the list of points using xmlrpc?  I already produced
one gpx file with some of the points from the large database.  How do
you want to handle it when I am able to extract the complete database
with 7 mill points, and want this import to replace the import done
with the initial gpx file?

If the files were separate on a WebDAV server, we could remove the old
one and upload the new ones.  I'm not sure how to do this with the
current xmlrpc API.

Perhaps the database need some session id or collection id, to
indicate which collection of points the user submitted?