[Openstreetmap] Synergies between OpenStreetMap, LondonFreeMap and Community Mapbuilder?

Cameron Shorter shorterc2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 20 11:27:31 BST 2005

Hello OpenStreetMap, London Free Map,

I've just found you from a discussion on
http://lists.eogeo.org/pipermail/opensdi/2005-April/thread.html about
setting up an open source Wiki type solution for building maps.  If you
are not on the list I suggest you might want to join in.

Anyway,
I'm particularly interested in what you are doing because I want to set
up a Wiki type solution for building bicycle route maps in Sydney,
Australia.  To make this happen, I've been helping develop
http://mapbuilder.sourceforge.net which is a browser based Web Map
Service and Transactional Web Feature Service client (written in
javascript and XSLT).  It allows users to draw a feature on a map, then
submit the feature to a WFS-T (web based geographic database).

I'm keen to find out more about your projects and work out ways in which
we can help each other.  In particular, I'm interested to know your
architecture.  Are you using Open GIS http://opengis.org standards?

--
Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net