[Openstreetmap] Postcodes

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 17:11:15 BST 2005

Hugh Barnard wrote:

> Here's a subject after my own heart. I've been using:
> http://www.jibble.org/ukpostcodes/

Does anyone know the origins and/or legal status of this dataset?

It's great that it's there, but can we use it for OpenStreetMap?  My
instinct is no, because all the possible sources are under copyright and it
must have been scraped from somewhere.  (We could all scrape
streetmap.co.uk, for example, but I'm not about to do that.)

(Copied to Paul at jibble, instead of just arm waving and shouting into the
void :)  Paul, can you help us out?)

Best,

Tom.