[Openstreetmap] problem running osmpedit

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Tue Dec 6 23:31:04 GMT 2005

> when I try to run osmpedit using:
> [mkessels at pcprive osmpedit]$ ./osmpedit --user mkessels at zonnet.nl
> --passwd ***
>
> I get the following output/error:
>
> Easy.pm found: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/x86_64-linux
> NTRACKS: 0
> Check cache: /home/mkessels/.osmpedit/cache/landsat-100+58.4+15.6.jpg
> URL:http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?request=GetMap&width=600&height=500&layers=global_mosaic&styles=&srs=EPSG:4326&format=image/jpeg&bbox=15.55,58.375,15.65,58.425
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "WWW::Curl::easy" at
> curl.pm line 36.
>

> I do not know what that means, but I did install WWW::Curl version 3.02.
> as described in its readme:
> perl Makefile.PL
>     make
>     skipped: make test since it NEEDS CONFIGURATION
>     make install
>
> after this, I tried it from CPAN, but that says: WWW::Curl is up to
> date. (so that went fine...)
>
> what did I do wrong?

Nothing.  I just fixed this bug.  The problem was that the package I
used was WWW::Curl::easy wich was in WWW::Curl 2.0.  In WWW::Curl 3.02
the package is called WWW:Curl::Easy.  This was an extremely annoying
problem since I did not want to require 3.02 since it is not available
in Debian.

Let me know if it does not work now (checked it in 10 minutes ago or
so).

/Tommy