[Openstreetmap] Segment splitting

Simon Hewison simon at zymurgy.org
Fri Dec 9 11:30:26 GMT 2005

Tommy Persson wrote:
> I was thinkting in terms of point of interest always being unconnected
> nodes and if this is the case you should enforce this in some way.  I
> see the nodes used for creating segments just as a help for editing
> segments for me they seem to be fundamentally different than nodes
> where you have key/values.

If the point of interest is related to travelling along the road, it
makes sense for the nodes along the road to have suitable tags.

You could have one that says "traffic lights", one that says "pedestrian
crossing", and so on, which means that any driving directions can say
things like

"Take the first left after the pedestrian crossing".

--
Simon Hewison