Landsat ? (was:Re: [Openstreetmap] New roads appearing without GPS tracks)

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 11:36:58 GMT 2005

Graham Wall <g.hamwall at gmail.com>
16/12/2005 11:05

Sent b

>>  From the landsat images (which we *can* use as reference), you can
>> frequently make out the route of the roads [...]

>I wasn't sure if that had been finally decided.

Are you saying we can't use Landsat either? I assumed that since it didn't
have any restrictive copyright conditions/terms of use, it was OK to use. I
have used Landsat to judge the position of the occasional point (a
minority) but can't remember exactly when I used it.

If there is a real risk of Landsat not being acceptable, I'll probably have
to ask Steve to delete *all* my data as a precaution (and say goodbye to 18
months worth of mapping work) :-(

Nick