[Openstreetmap] New roads appearing without GPS tracks

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 12:43:25 GMT 2005

----- Original Message ----
From: Tom Carden <tom at tom-carden.co.uk>

  I agree, and I'd like to see all the different editors tagging the
 changes they make with the name of the editor and the version number

Good idea -- http://www.openstreetmap.org/trac/ticket/102

 A few other ideas on accountability, confidence, monitoring ...

 + weblog facility for user osm activities : http://www.openstreetmap.org/trac/ticket/70
 Could be integrated directly in the client. As simple as a changelog at the end of an editing session.

 + interactive map edit queries : http://www.openstreetmap.org/trac/ticket/103
 From the editor, or another interface, ability to query the edit history of points/segments.
 Complementary to the RSS feeds of Changes (http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Feeds#Activity_in_OpenStreetMap_itself)

 + automated monitoring/characterization of edits : http://www.openstreetmap.org/trac/ticket/104
 There are simple and complex metrics we could look into, to systematically assign confidence to edits and prioritize manual reviews.
 Such as: length of edit session, number, degree & kind of changes, user's experience on OSM and history editing a particular region, amount of gps traces underlying the changed area, ...

 -Mikel