[Openstreetmap] New roads appearing without GPS tracks

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 11:55:21 GMT 2005

On 12/16/05, Graham Wall <g.hamwall at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another possibility is that the data were entered using an offline
> editor. This again raises the questions of accountability and
> confidence. If the source data are not on the central server, proving
> data were not copied from copyrighted maps becomes more difficult.

I agree, and I'd like to see all the different editors tagging the
changes they make with the name of the editor and the version number
(potentially, if we continue to see a proliferation of clients, we
should make this compulsory).  For one thing, if bugs were found in a
particular version of a particular client this would facilitate the
correction of any errors introduced to the database.

Tom.