[Openstreetmap] Re: Naming segments using applet

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Dec 20 00:49:12 GMT 2005

Kendall Sears wrote:

> What I meant about the "dog" is that I already have data that I
> can use for the vast majority of the things I want to play with.
> Some would say that I have too much data (can you ever have too
> much?)  If I want to look up roads in London, Leeds, Amsterdam
> or Tokyo, I can do it locally already.

Are you saying that you already have street maps of London and
other European cities which are in the public domain or available
under free licenses, that you can share with the project and that
we can publish?  That would be great news and save us from a lot
of hard work, because the very foundation for Open Street Map is
that *we* *don't* have such maps that *we* can use.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)