[Openstreetmap] Re: Who's mapping Frankfurt/Main

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 22:58:43 GMT 2005

On 12/23/05, Johnny Doe <uucp1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
>
> > Privacy implications makes me think this should be
> > an opt-in if you want
> > people to know what you edited...
> >

> Heh. There is an editing RSS feed. That's why i have
> suggested
> to use an RSA keypair as an id.

People should defnitely be able to choose whether their GPS tracks are
attributed or not, since even if we have a big disclaimer it still
kind of implies that a person visited a place at a particular time.

In my opinion (at least given our current tool set) it shouldn't be a
problem to say who is tracing things though.  Perhaps it's time to
write a privacy policy?

Tom.