[Openstreetmap] Re: Who's mapping Frankfurt/Main

Johnny Doe uucp1 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 23:58:32 GMT 2005

--- Tom Carden <tom at tom-carden.co.uk> wrote:

 even if we have a big
> disclaimer it still
> kind of implies that a person visited a place at a
> particular time.

Nobody prevents the people from obfuscating the time
data.
Sometimes the timestamp is simply not available in the
tracks.

> In my opinion (at least given our current tool set)
> it shouldn't be a
> problem to say who is tracing things though.

It is obvious that you have the complete information.
The question is what part of it should be
disseminated.
OSM is a global project, and i guess that in some
countries
even the legality of using gps can be a problem.
Sooner or later you need to address this.

> Perhaps it's time to
> write a privacy policy?

I think that the only real concern for identifying the
database
entries is the revocation of malicious changes. If
somebody will upload
the garmin cityselect data tomorrow, you should be
able to remove it.
And such shit happens ;)

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com