[Openstreetmap] Buying Ikonos data

Hugh Barnard hugh.barnard at laposte.net
Mon Feb 7 07:10:04 GMT 2005

Hi Saul, folks

That's really great, I didn't mention a figure but I'd be good for £50 both
as practical help and (hopefully) an encouraging gesture in general.

Just to re-visit something that concerns me, process and democratisation.
Simply put, if there's a clear simple way to add tracks to the data and
annotate them, there'll be extra momentum. For example, I'm trying to buy a
GPS at present, but I don't really know which one (advice welcome) will do a
minimum for what we need. Secondly, many of the people who would be great
volunteers are not aware of GPX, APIs, scripts, databases, they're maybe
technology/web/ecology aware folks who move around.

All this to say that FAQs, front end, community, easy submission etc. is
probably as important as the 'core' of it.

Best regards Hugh