[Openstreetmap] gpx uploading and more

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Fri Feb 18 18:17:31 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I hooked up things so you can now create a user account:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/newUser.jsp

And you can upload your gpx files too:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/uploadGPX.jsp

The upload is quite quick: about 1000 points / second, and it tells you
the progress.

(Petter: I'm uploading all of yours apart from
http://developer.skolelinux.no/~pere/gis/openstreetmap/data/oslo-strip-10.71-10.76-59.93-59.955.gpx.gz
since I guessed it overlaps with others?)

Subject to a few details documented here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/UserDocumentation

You can now enter the inevitable bugs against things too:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/bugzilla/

Comments welcome as always.

I'm gonna work on hooking these things together into a coherent user
interface for managing tracks (eg cookie support, and stuff). Once
you've uploaded a track it is immediately visible via the applet, but
there is no feature to move the map to your track yet - not hard to do.

Oh, and I'm going to write a viewer that uses static images rather than
the applet.

note: The URLs will change apart from /api/xml.jsp

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/