[Openstreetmap] Complimentary project - Freemap

Mon Feb 21 23:25:37 GMT 2005

On 19 Feb 2005, at 17:13, Jo Walsh wrote:

> hello,
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 10:43:22AM +0000, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
>> people might be interested in a complementary project to
>> OpenStreetMap -
>> Freemap (www.free-map.org.uk), which aims to map the countryside
>> rather than
>> provide a full streetmap.
>
> This looks great!

Indeed, looks lovely.

It ties in very nicely with what we've intermittently been doing at
geowiki.com, especially as there's a different slant to the data
collection - freemap's rights-of-way and contours vs Geowiki's roads
and streetmaps. We should probably confer.

Incidentally, I'd very much like to see a free equivalent to this:
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/products/miniscale/

Richard