[Openstreetmap] Re: Openstreetmap Digest, Vol 5, Issue 8

Matt Amos matt at matt-amos.uklinux.net
Thu Jan 27 18:53:19 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 16:57, Simon Hargreaves wrote:
> I started capturing data for a personal project like this a while
> ago. Sort of ran out of steam because I couldn't generate much
> interest from people.
>
> I've got about 5,000 lat/lon/altitude points from around london, if
> you let me know what format you want them in I can send them to get
> them uploaded.

yeah, we're working on that! currently the most useful format seems to
be GPX, but we're also thinking about format-independant web
frontends (by stitching gpsbabel into the process).

my advice is wait until we have the web uploader and then figure out
if a format conversion is necessary.

its taking some time, but it is coming!

cya,

matt