[Openstreetmap] Re: [geo-coord] minifesto, round N

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Jul 27 22:49:02 BST 2005

[Steve Coast]
> I was thinking 'surely you can turn this in to a pledgebank pledge'
> and then thought, 'why not just do it'. So I did:
>
> http://www.pledgebank.com/geodata

Nice. :)

> "I will sign the manifesto for Open Access to State-Collected
> Geospatial Data when complete and give £10 toward helping projects
> creating open geospatial data but only if 50 other people will too."

Why does the manifesto limit the access to non-commercial use?  I
believe it would be good for the society if the map data was available
for free for everyone to use freely, and not only non-commercial use.
A lot of interesting services might never see the light of day if the
data isn't available for commercial use too.