[Openstreetmap] mapserver experiments with OSM data

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sun Jun 5 14:43:59 BST 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 08:34:40AM -0400, Chris Holmes wrote:
> > http://map.wirelesslondon.info/map/wfs.cgi?service=WFS&request=GetCapabilities
> Sweet.  Though I can't seem to get it to work.  The getcaps works fine,
> but then I do

> http://map.wirelesslondon.info/map/wfs.cgi?service=WFS&request=GetFeature&typename=a_road&version=1.0.0

doh, i had a list of "wfs_srs" "EPSG:4326 EPSG:32631" in my
configuration even though everything's coming out in UTM zone 31. also
i think the display-at-min/max-scale stuff might have been breaking
what mapserver could see. check the slightly corrected url above
(different layer name), it appears to me to work now.

>  http://www.ttt.org/myns

i am not really sure what the significance of this is; i can
optionally serialise extra properties on the WFS objects with my own
namespace? pointers would be really apprec. i would rather express
such things in RDF where i can.

> Would be very cool if these aligned with the WMS featureids.  That's why I
> wanted to check the getfeature request, to see how mapserver was handling
> them.  If implemented correctly they should be unique, persistant ids.

hrm, i don't see anything like unique IDs in that document above,
other than the segment IDs that i created which are quite arbitrary,
which have appeared in there.

i would like everything to have a URI. what do WMS featureids look
like? sorry, you scratched at the surface of my W*S understanding and
found the hollow core...

-jo