[Openstreetmap] ecourier.co.uk GPS data mine

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Tue Jun 28 18:41:20 BST 2005

Hi Tom,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 02:56:43PM +0100, Tom Carden wrote:
> Thinking... are you sure that someone who won't allow scripts to run on
> their server would allow a 3rd party box onto their network (and the web)
> and allow it access to the database!?!

er. yeah. Well this is exactly why I'd like to have a couple of people on
a cc list to talk to Jay with - so we can advise him on the best way to
do this. I'm sure the metadata is available too (destinations at least,
full route information, road by road would be proprietary no?) In any
case, I am clearly not capable of brokering a useful deal with Jay that
gives us all we need. I'll try get him to come along to 'map limehouse'
on the 17th, maybe we can meet then. It'll be a real 'communidee' day, so
should make the point about community interest / social responsibility
etc. etc. although he's a smart cookie and is just into free mapping
because he thinks it's cool.

Tom, would you be up for being on a CC list of maybe 3 of us who I can
say are 'from OSM', who can gently gently tease this data out of
ecourier?

Jo? Steve? Anyone else want to play data diplomats?

S.