[Openstreetmap] Fw: Re: satellite/aerial maps for london free map

Frank Mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 24 08:50:04 GMT 2005

Hi

Jo Walsh wrote:

>> hi lists, i should run this by you now, though not wanting to be
>> pre-emptive before i talk to Giles properly. In short, proboscis are
>> looking at going through a free map like process anyway, and buying
>> photo data anyway, and are interested in collaboration on a London
>> project. He offers a URL for samples that might be viable for us to
>> practise autoextraction upon.
>>
>> ----- Forwarded message from Giles Lane <giles at proboscis.org.uk> -----
>> http://www.euspaceimaging.com/content/Downloads/samples/London/
>> London_(1280x960).jpg
>> Could you use this as a test for auto-extraction?

I had a look at the Frankfurt sample
(Quick Geo-Reference from Map and placed my GPS Tracks over it)

The results from those images should be better than raw GPS data.
But some streets arn't visible (contrast or shadows).

The page doesn't state how old those images are ...
I remember some different buldings from last Friday

For London they selected a better area ...

Frank