[Openstreetmap] alternative to e002shp?

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon May 16 14:21:44 BST 2005

Hi Frank,
Yes, there is another convertor.
http://avce00.maptools.org - allows you to import/export e00 files to
coverages.  Any OGR-based reader, like Grass6 and QGIS, should then be able
to load the coverage.  If you still need shapefiles, then you can use the
ogr2ogr convertor, part of:
http://fwtools.maptools.org/
To convert the polygons (PAL) coverage into a shapefile, it would look
something like:
ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" output.shp /path/to/coverage/folder PAL

Hope that helps.

Tyler