[Openstreetmap] another licence question

frank f_mohr at yahoo.de
Sat May 21 16:26:25 BST 2005

sorry to dwell on the licence topic ..
but i'd like to get my streetmap data published
(and was asked yesterday if i could give a talk about OSM
for the series of lectures organiced by our local linux
user group (dalug.org))
- but as i stated before i need managements approval
to work on IT related projects (even in my free time
and even though i'm working in a total different IT area)
and the request for approval needs to include the
licence(s) of the project.

i finaly found time to have a look at the editor tools on
openstreetmap.org and found

# By creating an account, you agree that all work
# uploaded to openstreetmap.org and all data created
# by use of any tools on openstreetmap.org is to be
# licensed under this Creative Commons license.

shouldn't we just keep that:
- CC for data
- GPL for software

frank