[Openstreetmap] Talking about Licences

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Thu May 26 11:35:05 BST 2005

SteveC wrote:

> So, find the PAF, choose and x that you hope won't get you in to trouble
> and you're ok so long as their arn't easter eggs in the database.

Jittering PAF?  Suggesting it on a public mailing list?  Too risky!

> But, I had envisaged we'd need to go collect this stuff for ourselves.

Yep.

When you have enough streets in the map, you need a way for people to find
their own street and then tell OSM what their postcode is.  Would that work?

I've been ranting about getting "eye balls and footsteps" for OSM (ways to
get lots of people checking data and lots of people collecting data).  I
should add that we also need multiple "doorways" (easy ways for people to
enter a specific bit of information).

So, suggestions please, for attracting "eyeballs and footsteps" and
developing "doorways".  And there I was dissing marketing-speak.

Cheers,

Tom.