[Openstreetmap] Talking about Licences

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Thu May 26 11:00:34 BST 2005

* @ 25/05/05 10:08:59 PM lester at lsces.co.uk wrote:
> I am hoping that the POSTCODE data will be made public domain - I'm not
> interested in the fine address details i.e. PAF!

As an exercise in absurdity consider adding a different random number
between -x and +x to the latitude and longitude (you'd have to have a
different x for each for correctness, in an elipsoid I suppose) to each
lat/lon in the PAF.

If x = 1 then the database is inaccurate but clearly not the PAF

if x = .00001 then the file could be interpreted as the PAF.

So, find the PAF, choose and x that you hope won't get you in to trouble
and you're ok so long as their arn't easter eggs in the database.

But, I had envisaged we'd need to go collect this stuff for ourselves.

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/