[Openstreetmap] Downloading OSM data

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 16:56:49 GMT 2005

It was working for me with either 0.1 or 0.2 this last week. For an example
try the following box for track points:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.2/trackpoints?bbox=52.15,-2.5,52.82,-1&pa
ge=n

where n is the page number starting with zero. Each page returns 5000
points. The newest points are provided in the first pages and the oldest on
the later pages. No way to know how many pages at present. And yes, from
what I can tell they are in time order albeit that no time stamp is provided
with the data returned.

Similar for nodes and line segments but with "map" rather than "trackpoints"
and no page requirement.

This boundary box covers the west midlands, which is steadily building a
good coverage of GPS and map data.

Andy Robinson