[Openstreetmap] Re: Keyval... feature request

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 17:43:29 GMT 2005

SteveC <steve at asklater.com>@vr.ucl.ac.uk on 09/11/2005 16:20:41

Please respond to SteveC <steve at asklater.com>

Se

>Fixed newnode and newsegment to take tags.

>Can you use 'name=' instead of 'name:' ? :-)

Probably did, then forgot that was the syntax when writing this email...
:-)

>So... you're saying if you throw multiple nodes at newnode it returns a
>list of multiple new id's and you want them on different lines?

Yes, that's my observed behaviour.

>Can you give me an example upload and response? newnode was never
>intended to take more than one new node but I guess it works.

<osm version='0.2'>
<node lat='51' lon='-1' tags=''/>
<node lat='51.01' lon='-1.01' tags=''/>

Response: something like:

299927299928

i.e. IDs 299927 and 299928, written on one line.

It would be very useful to be able to do this. If I want to form nodes and
segments from a track in osm-editor, I will need to get OSM to allocate IDs
to the nodes first (hence, it would be best to throw all the nodes to
newnode at once) and then use the allocated IDs to form the segments, then
throw the segments at newsegment.

Nick