[Openstreetmap] Coders needed for similar project & UKFOIactrequest update.

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Fri Nov 11 03:09:44 GMT 2005

Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> The court case for incorporating redrawn copyrighted data within
> your own mapping is surely the Ordnance Survey vs the Automobile
> Association, as reported in the scan at
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Copyright_Easter_Eggs

That's a strange case!  Is the OS claiming a violation of their
copyright or of their database rights?  This isn't clear from the
article. Both copyright and database rights law offer protection
against copying, but not against "plagiarism".  I hope this case
goes to court, so we can find out.  If they settle outside of
court, we will never know.

"Presented with the evidence, the AA admitted copying plans of 64
British towns and cities" -- this isn't applicable to OSM.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)