[Openstreetmap] Re: Freemap-OSM (alternative OSM client) now showing points of interest!

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Nov 24 07:20:15 GMT 2005

[Nick Whitelegg]
>  you can also add new ones (they're currently referred to as
> "waypoints" in osm-editor

I tried to add a new one, by viewing Oslo (fetching data from landsat
and OSM, zooming into the correct area, seleting the position, editing
the name and type, and finally try to upload back into OSM.  This made
osm-editor hang, and as far as I can see, the railway station did not
make it into OSM.

> though I'm intending to change the terminology). You can't edit them
> yet, but this is on the "to do" list. :-)

Yes, please.  I've uploaded several waypoints by mistake, and would
like to remove half of them and set the type on the rest. :)