[Openstreetmap] Where can I get old street maps?

Peter Knowles peter at peterknowles.com
Wed Nov 30 12:34:34 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to locate
non-copyright maps to use as a basis for street names. Currently, I'm
generating tracklogs using GPS (which is going pretty well), but I would
like to find an easier way to name the streets. Obviously, I can't use
anything under copyright, so I'm looking for maps at least 50 years old I
guess? I don't care if some of the roads are changed/missing, I just want
to use it as an aid.

Does anyone know where I could get something like this? Either
physical/electronic would do.

I apologise if this has already been answered somewhere. I went through
the wiki and the mailing list archive, but didn't see anything.

Thanks,
Peter