[Openstreetmap] upload, applet

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Thu Oct 6 13:33:44 BST 2005

> Alex Willmer wrote:
>
>> If your GPS unit has a high logging rate, the red dots will
>> often merge into solid trail.
>
> Exactly this is my problem.  I always set my GPS to the
> "automatic" logging rate, so it can store a few days of logs.

I'm not sure what problem you're having here? Do you mean your GPS logs
too many trackpoints, or that it doesn't log enough and your trail is
unclear?

If it's logging too few points, then you may have to accept the
restriction of limited logging time and set a higher logging rate. 1
trackpoint every 5 sec will give about 1 hr 20 mins of logging for a 1000
pt memory.

I'm not sure why having too many trackpoints displayed in the applet would
be a problem. But if it is, let us know why and we may be able to do
something about it.

Regards

Alex
Alex