[Openstreetmap] upload, applet

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:02:17 BST 2005

2005/10/6, Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk>:
> > Alex Willmer wrote:
> >
> >> If your GPS unit has a high logging rate, the red dots will
> >> often merge into solid trail.
> >
> > Exactly this is my problem.  I always set my GPS to the
> > "automatic" logging rate, so it can store a few days of logs.
>
> I'm not sure what problem you're having here? Do you mean your GPS logs
> too many trackpoints, or that it doesn't log enough and your trail is
> unclear?

The problem is that it's very hard to see highways, where you have a
high speed, and where there's little need for even  ten meter
precision when positioning the nodes.  When you do highways you want
to be zoomed out alot and that makes the red dots very hard to see
against the satelite image. I have problem with seeing them, and I log
at 2Hz.

btw highways are a prime candidate for automagical conversion to nodes
from the gpx.

--
/Erik