[Openstreetmap] London locations

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Mon Oct 10 17:18:56 BST 2005

Hi,

> Actually Steve I don't disagree with you it has been very enlightening
> discussion, and I still need clarification. Mainly because I have
> access to legal copies of 0.25m/pixel aerial maps for Stockholm and
> Malmö in Sweden.

If its only that, you may any free geo tool where you can adjust maps to
lat/lon coordinates and read out the lat/lon from them. Then you don't
ever use Google for anything.

Are the maps already projected to some common reference system? If yes,
what system?

May I assume that nobody can say anything against searching his own house
on a public domain satelite picture, grabbing lat/lon using a free tool
and enter this into free databases as OSM?

Ciao, Imi.

PS: Not yet, but sometime (maybe this year, maybe before november) JOSM
will support exact this: import pictures and fine adjust until the
coordinates are correct.