[Openstreetmap] Legal issue about CCL

Karen O'Rourke mapper at wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 24 10:03:36 BST 2005

Hello,
When you're consulting lawyers why don't you look into the Free Art License
http://artlibre.org/licence.php/lalgb.html ? It was developed for art works
but is at least as applicable to GeoData as any creative commons license. It
was written by a group of artists with the help of lawyers. It has the
advantage of being written in language understandable to the layman, and not
just translated/simplified, as CC licenses are.

Karen