[Openstreetmap] Legal issue about CCL

Frank Mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Sat Sep 24 13:01:25 BST 2005

i wouldn't replace one licence that almost fits with another
that almost fits.
the LAL has one major disadvantage, its adapted especially
to french copyright law (at least as i understand the FAQ),
while CC has adaptions for several jurisdictions

geodata has some special issues, that aren't covered by most licences

i think we should get (or wait for) some special licence derived from
CC or GPL (like LAL is derived from the GPL)

frank