[OSM-talk] Laser scanning (Video

Ben Gimpert ben at somethingmodern.com
Sat Apr 1 09:14:59 BST 2006

I've always thought highly of hiring or bribing messenger types
(couriers, garbage men, cabbies) to take photos -- with disposable
cameras -- of the street sign nearest each of their drop off locations,
while simultaneously carrying a breadcrumb-ing GPS unit.

If someone is intentionally photographing a street sign, I am certain
the vision algorithms to suck out the text are relatively trivial.  It's
basically OCR for 1992.

So does anyone have a spare 100k to spend on this sure fire way to get
sued by the Royal Mail?  ;)

		Ben