[OSM-talk] Laser scanning

Christian van den Bosch cjb at cjb.ie
Sat Apr 1 09:41:33 BST 2006

Joerg Ostertag wrote:

> If anyone can provide me C-Code which grabs an Image from /dev/video and saves
> it to a File; I could try to add this to gpsdrive. So when you press a
> special key a track point including an image is captured. What do you think
> about this?

apt-get source webcam (fetches from ubuntu breezy/universe in my case) -
this will fetch the source for webcam as part of xawtv. Webcam writes a
jpeg to a file once-off on demand, or as a daemon.

It's quite old code, and the layout is a bit strange, but it works. I
used a modified version last autumn as the capture engine for a
zoneminder install with a bttv card. Files you'll be interested in are
webcam.c, webcam.h, writefile.h and grab-ng.h - warning: the .h files
contain much more code than you might expect, not just prototypes and
#defines.

Next week I may be able to dig up my version too if that helps, but
right now my girlfriend and I are going on an anniversary weekend away :-)

Christian / cjb

http://www.cjb.ie/